Free motion machine embroidery - Picture in a Hoop
Saturday 5th August 2023 for 1 day — Cost: £52
Tutor: Linda Miller
This course has availabilityClick Here to Book Now
Come along with your sewing machine and join me and a group of likeminded stitchers and sew up the mysteries of free machine embroidery in this fun and informative one day free motion machine stitching workshop.
Working with your sewing machine and a sumptuous array of colorful threads you will be guided through all aspects of how to use your sewing machine as a drawing and painting tool. Create your own unique stitched picture presented in an embroidery hoop and ready to be hung on your wall.
Bring along a simple picture, photograph or drawing that inspires you or use one of the templates supplied as inspiration for your own picture in stitches.
The workshop is inclusive and designed for all from the novice stitcher to the more confident sewer. Everyone works at their own pace in a relaxed and creative environment under the guidance of expert machine embroiderer Linda Miller.
To ensure happy sewing it is important that your sewing machine is in good working order. Do make sure that your sewing machine has a compatible free motion embroidery foot and that either the feed dog teeth can be dropped or that a plate can be fitted over the teeth.
Please Bring with You
- An Electric sewing machine. It is very important that your machine is in good working order and that the feed dog teeth can be dropped, or that a plate can be fitted over the teeth
- Sewing machine manual
- Sewing machine accessories (oil, screwdriver, etc.)
- A darning foot/free motion machine embroidery foot that is compatible with your machine
- Size 80 sewing machine needles
- Hand sewing needles
- Notebook and pen, pencil, paper, ruler
- Embroidery/sharp scissors
- Any threads you have, machine embroidery thread or ordinary dress making thread
- All bobbin spools that are compatible with your sewing machine
- Simple reference material such as: pictures, drawings, books, photographs, patterning-visual material that interests you
Materials Costs to Students
The additional cost for all the materials that are supplied for the workshop is £5.00.