Thursday 3rd August 2023 for 2 days — Cost: £104
Tutor: Christine Green
This course has availabilityClick Here to Book Now
Patchwork is the original recycling craft and this course will show you how you can use shirts and ties creatively to make a beautiful patchwork full of memories; of people or maybe a particular occasion.
Christine will show you how to make a variety of you own designs which can be developed into a quilt or used for smaller throws or cushions. Highly creative and great fun!
Suitable for beginners
Materials to bring
- Several shirts, preferably 100% cotton . A mix of checks, stripes, plain
- Several ties - again a mix of patterns and textures (if you can deconstruct and iron them open and flat it will save time on the course)
- Fusible interfacing to stabilize the ties
- Sewing machine
- Fabric scissors
- 45mm rotary cutter (available online, I recommend OLFA, approx £10)
- Cutting mat also called self healing cutting mat, minimum A3 size preferably A2
- Wadding, I recommend cotton or bamboo cotton mix, not polyester
- A piece of fabric for the backing